The 2017-2018 Call for Applications (CFA) is open until 3:00pm ET on November 15.
Applications for this solicitation must be submitted via MyRWJF, the RWJF online system. If you have not already done so, you will be required to register at http://my.rwjf.org before you begin the application process.
To complete and submit an online application, an applicant must do the following:
- Enter personal and contact information, including the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references who have been asked to comment on the applicant’s qualifications for the program. Reference letters should address the selection criteria and should be submitted electronically via MyRWJF. Applicants are urged to actively track the status of the submission of required letters of reference. Please note that all application materials, including the reference letters, must be submitted in MyRWJF to enable submission of the completed package by the application deadline.
- Select a preliminary sponsorship track indicating the source of sponsorship (Track 1—provide name of sponsoring institution and name of sponsoring institution’s chief executive officer; or Track 2— request for stipend administration by the National Academy of Medicine (NAM)).
- Prepare in advance the following documents and save them to your hard drive. Before you begin, be sure to read the detailed instructions within the templates in the RWJF online application system.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae with dates (no more than 5 pages).
- A one-page biographical sketch (not the form submitted for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants, but an essay) that highlights your key accomplishments.
- Two separate essays on the following topics:
- What have you done or what might you consider doing to expand a Culture of Health? (300 words).
- A contemporary health policy topic (250–500 words).
Finalists will be invited to complete a full proposal that will include a proposed budget of $165,000. Track 1 applicants will also submit a letter from their sponsoring institution’s chief executive officer affirming the institution’s willingness to: serve as an adviser to the applicant; cultivate the fellow’s growth as a health policy leader during the funding period of up to 24 months; and administer the grant and comply with RWJF’s grant reporting requirements.