The 2019-20 Call for Applications (CFA) is now closed. The next CFA will become available in September 2019. For reference only: View the 2019-20 CFA (now closed).
Applications for this solicitation must be submitted via the RWJF online system. Visit www.rwjf.org/cfp/hpf10 and use the Apply Online link. If you have not already done so, you will be required to register at http://my.rwjf.org before you begin the application process.
To complete and submit an online application, an applicant must do the following:
- Enter personal and contact information, including the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references who have been asked to comment on the applicant’s qualifications for the program. Reference letters should address the selection criteria on page 4 and should be submitted electronically by 3 p.m. ET on November 5, 2018. Applicants are urged to actively track the status of the submission of required letters of reference. Please note that all reference letters should be submitted by November 5, 2018, to enable submission of the complete application package by the November 7 deadline.
- Select a preliminary sponsorship track indicating the source of sponsorship. (Track 1—provide name of sponsoring institution and name of sponsoring institution’s chief executive officer; or Track 2— request for stipend administration by the NAM.).
- Prepare in advance the following documents and save them to your hard drive. Before you begin, be sure to read the detailed instructions within the templates in the RWJF online application system.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae with dates (no more than 5 pages).
- A one-page biographical sketch that elaborates on the highlights of your career, describes how it has evolved, discusses the accomplishments of which you are most proud, and describes the factors that have motivated you to apply for the fellowship.
- Two separate essays on the following topics:
- What have you done or what might you consider doing to expand a Culture of Health? (300 words).
- You have recently been appointed the top health policy advisor to a Member of Congress or the head of a federal agency dealing with health care. Prepare a memo describing a current health policy challenge, and recommend an approach that the nation should take to address this challenge (no more than 2 pages).
Applicants who become finalists will be invited to complete a full application that will include a proposed budget of $165,000. Track 1 applicants will also submit a letter from their sponsoring institution’s chief executive officer affirming the institution’s willingness to serve as an adviser to the applicant; to cultivate the fellow’s growth as a health policy leader during the funding period of up to 24 months; and to administer the grant and comply with RWJF’s grant reporting requirements.