The materials below provide an overview of the U.S. health care system, health policy, the political environment in Washington, D.C., and other issues that are relevant to the formation of federal health policy.
Fellowship Reading List
- Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct, M. Forni.
- Governing Health: The Politics of Health Policy, Fourth Edition, Carol S. Weissert and William G. Weissert.
- Health Care Policy and Politics A to Z, Third Edition, Julie Rovner.
- Inside National Health Reform, John E. McDonough.
- It’s Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism, Thomas E. Mann and Norman J. Ornstein.
- Managing the Unexpected: Resilient Performance in an Age of Uncertainty, Karl Weick and Kathleen Sutcliffe.
- Policy Paradox: The Art of Political Decision Making, Deborah Stone.
- Public Health Law: Power, Duty, Restraint, Revised and Expanded Second Edition (California/Milbank Series on Health and the Public), Larry O. Gostin.
- The Federal Budget, Third Edition: Politics, Policy, Process, Allen Schick.
- The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care, R. Reid.
- The Heart of Power: Health and Politics in the Oval Office, With a New Preface, David Blumenthal and James Morone.
- Redefining Health Care, Michael Porter.
- Practice of Adaptive Leadership: Tools and Tactics for Changing Your Organization and the World, Ronald Heifetz.