The 2020-21 Call for Applications (CFA) is open from September 6 – November 6 at 3:00pm ET. View the 2020-21 CFA.
Applications for this solicitation must be submitted via the RWJF online system. Visit http://www.rwjf.org/cfp/hpf11 and use the Apply Online link. If you have not already done so, you will be required to register at http://my.rwjf.org before you begin the application process.
To complete and submit an online preliminary application, an applicant must do the following:
- Enter personal and contact information, including the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references who have been asked to comment on the applicant’s qualifications for the program. Reference letters should address the selection criteria on page 6 and should be submitted electronically by 3 p.m. ET on November 4, 2019. Applicants are urged to actively track the status of the submission of required letters of reference. Please note that all reference letters should be submitted by November 4, 2019, to enable submission of the complete application package by the November 6 deadline.
- Select a preliminary sponsorship track indicating the source of sponsorship. (Track 1—provide name of sponsoring institution and name of sponsoring institution’s chief executive officer; or Track 2—request for stipend administration by the NAM.)
- Prepare in advance the following documents and save them to your hard drive. Before you begin, be sure to read the detailed instructions within the templates in the RWJF online application system.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae with dates (no more than five pages).
- Three essays on the following topics:
- A one-page biographical sketch that elaborates on the highlights of your career; describes how it has evolved; discusses the accomplishments of which you are most proud; and describes the factors that have motivated you to apply for the fellowship.
- Reflecting on your lived experience, your career and accomplishments, what inspires you about the possibility of becoming an RWJF Health Policy Fellow? Please include what you have done in the past and what you hope to do in the future to build a better, healthier and more equitable society where everyone has the opportunity to live a healthy life (no more than one page).
- You are serving as a health policy adviser to a Member of Congress or the head of a federal agency. Prepare a memo describing a current health policy challenge, and recommend an approach that the nation should take to address this challenge (no more than two pages).
Applicants who become finalists will be invited to complete a full application that will include a proposed budget of up to $165,000. Track 1 applicants will also submit a letter from their sponsoring institution’s chief executive officer affirming the institution’s willingness to serve as an adviser to the applicant; to cultivate the fellow’s growth as a health policy leader during the funding period of up to 24 months; and to administer the grant and comply with RWJF’s grant reporting requirements.
RWJF does not provide individual critiques of applications submitted.
All applicants should log in to the system and familiarize themselves with online submission requirements well before the final submission deadline. Staff may not be able to assist all applicants in the final 24 hours before the submission deadline. In fairness to all applicants, the program will not accept late submissions.